It’s a new year and with the dawning of 2017, I realize something very different about this year. This is the year I turn 40. Now mind you, I won’t turn 40 for about eight more months, but the reality has hit… I am turning 40 this year.
Now before you all send me encouraging words that assure me 40 is just a number, I’m still young, and I am just 30 with 10 years of experience, let me put your mind at ease….I am totally OK with turning 40. In fact, I think I’m looking forward to what the year of 40 will bring about. That’s why I decided to write this series. I wanted to commemorate this milestone year with my own perspective, sense of humor and penned words that may inspire you in some way.
So here’s some food for thought to put this 40th year into perspective. In 1977....
- The first Apple Computer went on sale.
- Jimmy Carter was elected as the President of United States and the first oil flows through the Trans Alaskan Oil Pipeline.
- Elvis Presley Dies from a heart attack aged 42.
- Average Cost of new house $49,300.00
- Average Income per year $15,000.00
- Average Monthly Rent $240.00
- Cost of a gallon of Gas 65 cents
- Wrist Worn AM Radio $7.95
- 5 inch Portable TV $147.00
- New Stereo System $247.95
- Star Wars opened in cinemas and filmgoers lined up for hours to see it
- The TV Mini Series "Roots" was aired on ABC winning top audience figures, 9 Emmys and a Golden Globe.
But ... who wants to live in the past???
Here's what is going to happen THIS year:
- I am finishing my book, soon to be released, "rePeatedly reVised"
- My husband and I will be paying off $16K of debt
- I am going to take care of me and my body
- In the fall, my second book for 2017, #liverevised, will be published
- This series, The Year of 40, will be an ongoing post this year because I want to prove to myself that I can see something through to completion
..... and so many more things are on the horizon for this year!